1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"STANION, a parish in the hundred of Corby, county Northampton, 4¾ miles S.E. of Rockingham, and 6 N.E. of Kettering. Thrapstone is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Nen, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Brigstock, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. There is a free school. The Earl of Cardigan is lord of the manor."