1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"THEDDINGWORTH, a parish chiefly in the hundred of Gartree, county Leicester, but partly in the hundred of Rothwell, county Northampton, 4 miles N.E. of Welford, its post town, and 5 S.W. of Harborough. It is a station on the Rugby and Stamford branch of the London and North-Western railway. The village is situated on the river Welland, near the Grand Union canal. The parish includes the hundred of Hothorpe. The living is a vicarage* in the dioc, of Peterborough, value £137. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains monuments to the Clark and Bathurst families. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum, £5 of which go towards apprenticing poor children. Earl Spencer is lord of the manor."
"HOTHORPE, a hamlet in the parish of Theddingworth, hundred of Rothwell, county Northampton, 4 miles S.W. of Market-Harborough."