1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"THORPE-MANDEVILLE, a parish in the hundred of King's-Sutton, county Northampton, 6 miles N.E. of Banbury, its post town, and 7 N.W. of Brackley. Petty sessions are held here. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £350. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, contains monuments to the Pargiter and Humfrey families. There is a Sunday-school. W. Peareth, Esq., is lord of the manor."