The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"UPPER BODDINGTON, (and Lower Boddington) a parish in the hundred of Chipping Warden, in the county of Northampton, 9 miles to the S. W. of Daventry. It is situated on the borders of Warwickshire. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough, of the value of £757, in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. There is a free school, endowed by R. Lamprey in 1758 and some other charities, the annual value of which is about £47.