1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"WEEDON LOYS, a parish in the hundred of Greens-Norton, county Northampton, 6¼ miles S.W. of Towcester, its post town, and 8 from Brackley. It contains the hamlets of Milthorpe and Weston. St. Loy's mineral spring is in this parish. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £462, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to SS. Peter and Mary. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum. There is a Church of England school at Milthorpe. The Baptists have a chapel. The Warden and Fellows of All Souls' College, Oxford, are lords of the manor."
"MILTHORPE, a hamlet in the parish of Weedon Loys, hundred of Greens Norton, county Northampton, 6 miles N.W. of Towcester. There is a Church school."
"WESTON, a hamlet in the parish of Weedon Loys, hundred of Green's-Norton, county Northampton, 6½ miles S.W. of Towcester. There is a chalybeate spring, formerly much esteemed."