Weston By Welland
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"WESTON-BY-WELLAND, a parish in the hundred of Corby, county Northampton, 3½ miles N.E. of Market Harborough. The village is situated near the river Welland, and contains a small cotton factory. Stone is quarried. The living is a vicarage,* with that of Sutton-Basset united, in the diocese of Peterborough, joint value £270. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is also a church in the adjoining village of Sutton. Bassett."