Winwick In Guilsborough
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"WINWICK IN GUILSBOROUGH, a parish in the hundred of Guilsborough, county Northampton, 9 miles N.E. of Daventry. The village is situated on the Grand Union canal, which passes through the parish. The land is divided between arable and pasture. At Winwick common is a meet for the Pytchley hounds. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £500, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There are parochial and Sunday schools for both sexes. The charities produce about £20 per annum. Sir James Langham is lord of the manor."