"BLADON, a parish in the hundred of Wootton, in the county of Oxford, not far from Woodstock, its post town. It includes the hamlet of Hensington. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, of the value, with the perpetual curacy of Woodstock annexed to it, of £329, in the patronage of the Duke of Marlborough. The church, which was rebuilt by the duke in 1804, is dedicated to St. Martin. The charitable endowments of the parish amount to £50 per annum. Bladon is included in the parliamentary borough of Woodstock."
"HENSINGTON, a hamlet in the parish of Bladon, hundred of Wootton, county Oxford, a quarter of a mile E. of Woodstock. The union poorhouse of Woodstock is located here."
[The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]