"ASHWELL, a parish in the hundred of ALSTOE, county of RUTLAND, 3 miles (N. by W.) from Oakham, containing 220 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Northampton, and diocese of Peterborough, rated in the king's books at £20.16.3., and in the patronage of Viscount Do'wne. The church is dedicated to St. Mary." [Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ashwell to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ashwell has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK860135 (Lat/Lon: 52.71226, -0.728775), Ashwell which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)