"BARLEYTHORPE, a chapelry in the parish of OAKHAM-DEANSHOLD, soke of OAKHAM, county of RUTLAND, 1 mile (N. W. by W.) from Oakham. The population is returned with the parish. The chapel is dedicated to St. Peter." [Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Barleythorpe to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Barleythorpe has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK844097 (Lat/Lon: 52.678853, -0.752778), Barleythorpe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)