"HAMBLETON, a parish in the hundred of MARTINSLEY, county of RUTLAND, 3 miles (E. S. E.) from Oakham, containing 308 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Northampton, and diocese of Peterborough, rated in the King's books at £10.17.1., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. Nine children are instructed for a small annuity, the gift of Mark Clayton, in 1760." [Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hambleton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hambleton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK905068 (Lat/Lon: 52.651792, -0.663605), Hambleton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)