"LEIGHFIELD-FOREST, an extra-parochial tract in Uppingham district, Rutland; 2½ miles W of Manton r.. station, and 3½ SW of Oakham. Acres, 1,500. Real property, £3,232. Pop., 40. The manor belongs to George Finch, Esq."
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Leighfield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Leighfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK821039 (Lat/Lon: 52.626942, -0.787912), Leighfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)