"CASTERTON (LITTLE), a parish in the hundred of EAST, county of RUTLAND, 2 miles (N.W. by N.) from Stamford, containing 84 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Northampton, and diocese of Peterborough, rated in the king's books at £6. 15. 5., and in the patronage of the Earl of Pomfret. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a small neat structure; the pillars and arches are late Norman, and the windows exhibit the early and the decorated styles of English architecture." [Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Little Casterton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Little Casterton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF015102 (Lat/Lon: 52.680202, -0.500522), Little Casterton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)