"LUFFENHAM (NORTH), a parish in the hundred of WRANDIKE, county of RUTLAND, 6 miles (N. E. by E.) from Uppingham, containing 421 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Northampton, and diocese of Peterborough, rated in the king's books at £17. 0. 5., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Emanuel College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. There are day and Sunday schools supported by funds arising from the rent of an estate, called the Town Estate, left by Archdeacon Johnson, formerly rector of the parish." [Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from North Luffenham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which North Luffenham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK942035 (Lat/Lon: 52.621484, -0.609409), North Luffenham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)