"RIDLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of MARTINSLEY, county of RUTLAND, 2½ miles (N.W. by N.) from Uppingham, containing 247 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Northampton, and diocese of Peterborough, rated in the king's books at £10. 1. 3., and in the patronage of Sir G.N. Noel, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Mary and St. Andrew." [Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ridlington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ridlington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK844025 (Lat/Lon: 52.613943, -0.755323), Ridlington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)