"LUFFENHAM (SOUTH), a parish in the hundred of WRANDIKE, county of RUTLAND, 5 miles (E.N.E.) from Uppingham, containing 274 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Northampton, and diocese of Peterborough, rated in the king's books at £ 12. 12. 6., and in the patronage of James Bush, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. A day and Sunday school is supported by subscription." [Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from South Luffenham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which South Luffenham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK946017 (Lat/Lon: 52.605138, -0.60392), South Luffenham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)