"TIXOVER, a parish in the hundred of WRANDIKE, county of RUTLAND, 7 miles (E. by N.) from Uppingham, containing 108 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Ketton, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Prebendary of Ketton in the Cathedral Church of Lincoln. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene." [Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tixover to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tixover has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK976009 (Lat/Lon: 52.597077, -0.561075), Tixover which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)