The Church of St. Margaret dates back to 1138 but, except perhaps for the thick walls of the nave, none of the original fabric remains. In 1737 a sum of £1,120 was necessary for repairs and many features of the present building date from then.
More alterations were made in 1860. The gallery at the west end was taken down, the nave extended, the bell-gable rebuilt, and several windows inserted. The only original window is on the south side of the chancel in the 14th century decorated style of architecture. The cast window was placed there by the Rev. W.S. Dear during his rectorship 1829 - 1850. Two other windows have been added: one at the west end of the north wall in 1909 and the one opposite in 1910.
The font is early English 12th - 13th century. There were three bells in 1740 and until 1860. The present pair are dated 1859 and 1860. The Communion Plate was the gift of a Mr. Styrrop, a pupil of the Rev. W. S. Dear.
It is located somewhere in the place at SO570860 (Lat/Lon 52.470203,-2.634452). You can see this on maps provided by: