" ATHERLEY, (Salop) or ADDERLEY, near Newport, was, in the R. of Edw. II. the manor of Ld. Badlesmere, who obtained a weekly Mt. since discontinued, and a Fair on June 29. By marriage of his sister, it passed to William, Ld. Ross, of Hamlake, in whose family it continued for divers successions. The estate coming afterwards to the crown, by the attainder of one of his descendants, K. Edw. IV. granted it to John Tiptoft, E. of Worcester."
[Transcribed information from England's Gazetteer - Stephen Whatley - 1750](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]