ADDERLEY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

" ADDERLEY, a parish in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford North. A rectory in charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 59 houses, 378 inhabitants. The residence of Sir Andrew Corbet, bart. 3½ miles north of Drayton. See appendix."

" SHAVINGTON, a township in the parish of Adderley, and in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford North. 4 miles north-west by north of Drayton. The seat of the Rt. Hon. Viscount Kilmorey."

" SPOONLEY, a township in the parish of Adderley, and in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford, Worth. 2 miles north-west by north of Drayton."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]