" ADDERLEY (or ADDERLY), a parish in the Drayton division of the hundred of BRADFORD (North), county of SALOP, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Drayton in Hales, containing 378 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £11. 6. 0., and in the patronage of H. C. Cotton, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. In 1719, the Rev. Mr. Adams bequeathed a small portion of land for the education of the poor children of this parish."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]