ALVELEY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

" ALVELEY, a parish and curacy in the exempt jurisdiction of the borough of Bridgnorth, partly in the borough of Bridgnorth, partly in the Bridgnorth division of the hundred of Stottesdon. 180 houses, 975 inhabitants. 7 miles south-east by south of Bridgnorth."

" ALAM BRIDGE (or ALLOM BRIDGE), a township in the parish of Alveley, and in the liberties of Bridgnorth. 6½ miles south-east of Bridgnorth.

" COTTON, a township in the parish of Alveley, and a ehapelry. Cotton Hall is the residence of the Rev. J.H. Petit. 5½ miles southeast of Bridgnorth."

" KING'S NORDLEY (or NORDLEY REGIS, or NORDLEY), a township in the parish of Alveley, and in the liberties of Bridgnorth. 6 miles southeast of Bridgnorth. See appendix.

" NORDLEY REGIS (or KING'S NORDLEY, or NORLEY), a township in the parish of Alveley, and in the liberties of Bridgnorth. 5 miles south-east of Bridgnorth.

" ROMSLEY, a township in the parish of Alveley, and in the liberties of Bridgnorth."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]