" ASTLEY ABBOTS, a parish in the Chelmarsh division of the hundred of Stottesdon, a curacy, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesdon, and archdeaconry of Salop. 138 houses, 664 inhabitants. 2½ miles north-west by north of Bridgnorth."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824] (unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]