BEDSTONE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"BEDSTONE, a parish in the hundred of Purslow, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Clun, and archdeaconry of Salop. 25 houses, 165 inhabitants. 10½ miles west of Ludlow."

" JAY and BEDSTONE, a township in the parish of Bedstone and in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow."

" SAY and BEDSTONE, a township in the parish of Bedstone, and in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824] (unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]