BENTHALL: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
" BENTHALL, a parish within the liberties of the borough of WENLOCK, county of SALOP, 2 miles (N.E. by N.) from Much Wenlock, containing 554 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Much Wenlock. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. The population are principally employed in the potteries established here. The navigable river Severn flows past this place."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831] (unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]