" BETTWS-Y-CRWYN, a parish in the hundred of PURSLOW, county of SALOP, 6 miles (N. W.) from Knighton, containing 341 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Clun. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831] (unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]