"BOBBINGTON, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of Seisdon, in the county of Stafford, and extending also into the hundred of Brimstree, in the county of Salop, 6 miles to the E. of Bridgnorth. It includes the hamlet of Halfpenny Green. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value of £97, in the patronage of T. Whitmore, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is an endowed free school, founded by Hannah Cobbett in 1792, which has an income of £42 per annum. The other parochial charities amount to about £40 a year."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the Bobbington parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bobbington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bobbington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO809905 (Lat/Lon: 52.51205, -2.282865), Bobbington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)