"BRACE-MEOLE, a parish in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover, in the county of Salop, 1 mile to the S. of Shrewsbury. It forms part of the borough of Shrewsbury, and includes the townships of Newton and Nobold, with part of Pulley. In this parish is the Shrewsbury poorhouse. The living is a vicarage;in the diocese of Hereford, of the value of £361, in the patronage of the Rev. E. Bather, vicar. The church is dedicated to All Saints." [Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the BraceMeole parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the BraceMeole parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015
- PULLEY, a township in the parishes of St. Julian and Brace Meole, county Salop, 2 miles S.W. of Shrewsbury."
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Brace Meole to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Brace Meole has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ480100 (Lat/Lon: 52.685183, -2.770679), Brace Meole which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)