BROMFIELD: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"BROMFIELD, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Muuslow, a vicarage remaining in charge, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Ludlow, and archdeaconry of Salop. 123 houses, 674 inhabitants. 2 miles north-west of Ludlow, See appendix."

" CLAY FELTON and WITBATCH, a township in the parish of Bromfield, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow."

" DINCHOPE, a township in the parish of Bromfield, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, 12 houses, 83 inhabitants."

" HALFORD, a township in the parish of Bromfield, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, a chapel to Bromfield, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Ludlow, and archdeaconry of Salop. 10 houses, 51 inhabitants."

" HATFORD, a township in the parish of Bromfield, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow."

" LADY HOLTON, a township in the parish of Bromfield, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow. 2 miles west of Ludlow."

" OAKLEY PARK, a park in the parish of Bromfield. 2 miles north-west of Ludlow."

" PRIORS HALTON, a township in the parish of Bromfield, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow."

" RYE FELTON and BURWAY, a township in the parish of Bromfield, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824] (unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]