"BURWARTON, a parish in the hundred of Stottesdon, in the county of Salop, 10 miles to the N.E. of Ludlow. Bridgnorth is its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, value £128, in the patronage of the Rev. J. Churton, incumbent. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The principal residence is Burwarton Hall, the seat of Viscount Boyne."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the Burwarton parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Burwarton parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Burwarton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Burwarton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO619851 (Lat/Lon: 52.462506, -2.562196), Burwarton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)