CARDINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
"CARDINGTON, a parish in the hundred of MUNSLOW, county of SALOP, 4 miles (B. by N.) from Church - Stretton, containing 687 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £ 6.2.6, and in the patronage of R. Hunt, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. James. There is an endowed school, the estate belonging to which produces £ 25 per annum. A species of very fine quartz, considered equal in quality to that brought from Caernarvonshire, for the use of the potteries, is found here; the parish abounds also with clay."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]