CHESWARDINE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"CHESWARDINE, a parish in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford North, a vicarage, in the diocese of Hereford; the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Stafford. 155 houses, 988 inhabitants. 4 miles south-east of Drayton."

" CHIPPENHALL (or CHIPNALL), a township in the parish of Cheswardine, and in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford North. 3½ miles south-west of Drayton.

" ELLERTON, a township in the parish of Cheswardine, and in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford North. 4½ miles north-west by north of Newport."

" GOLDSTONE, a township in the parish of Cheswardine, and in the hundred of Bradford North."

" SAMBROOK, a township in the parish of Cheswardine, and in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford North. 4 miles north-west of Newport."

" SOUDLEY, a township in the parish of Cheswardine, and in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford North. 6½ miles north of Newport."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]