"CHETWYND, a parish in the Newport division of the hundred of BRADFORD (South), county of SALOP, If mile (N. byW.) from Newport, containing 566 inhabitants. The living is a rectory,, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of .Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £10. 16. 3., and in the patronage of Thomas Borough; Esq. The'church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a modern brick building. A school, now conducted on the National plan, is endowed with lands producing £30 per arinum."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]