"CHILDS ERCALL, a parish, in the Drayton division of the hundred of BRADFORD (North), county of SALOP, 7 miles (N.W.) from Newport, containing 389 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £800 royal bounty. Sir Andrew Corbett, Bart, was patron in 1801. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]