"CHURCH PREEN, a parish in the hundred of CONDOVER, county of SALOP, 6 miles (W, by S.) from Much Wenlock, containing 73 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with that of Longnor, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of W. Webster, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. Here was a small Cluniac priory, a cell to that of Wenlock."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]