CHURCH STOKE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"CHURCH STOKE, a parish partly in Course hundred, in the county of Montgomery, partly in Montgomery hundred, county of Montgomery, partly in the lower division of the hundred of Chirbury. The whole of the parish contains 1,338 inhabitants. The Shropshire part contains 34 houses, 197 inhabitants. 5½ miles north-west of Bishopscastle."

" BROMPTON, a township in the parish of Church Stoke, and in the upper division of the hundred of Chirbury. 6½ miles north- west of Bishopscastle."

" RISTON, a township in the parish of Church Stoke, and in the upper division of the hundred of Chirbury. 6 miles north-west of Bishopscastle."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]