"CLEE (or CLEE ST MARGARET'S), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, in the county of Salop, 7 miles N.E. of Ludlow, its post town. It is situated under Brown Clee Hill and on Clee Brook. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £172, in the patronage of the Rev. H. T. Pelham, who is lord of the manor. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is an ancient structure."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcription of Clee St Margaret Parish Register is no longer available in its original location, but archived versions exist - thanks to the Wayback Machine - see Archived Clee St Margaret Parish Register 1634-1812, and click on one of the listed dates.
- A transcript of the Clee parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Clee parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015
- " COXHEAD FORD, a hamlet in the parish of Clee St. Margaret, in the county of Salop, 7 miles N. of Ludlow."
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Clee to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Clee has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO565844 (Lat/Lon: 52.455809, -2.641578), Clee which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)