"CLEE (or CLEE ST MARGARET'S), a parish, in the hundred of MUNSLOW, county of SALOP, 8 miles (N. E. by N.) from Ludlow, containing 229 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in5the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £ 2, 8. 4., endowed with £ 600 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £2100 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of John C. Pelham, Esq."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]