COUND: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"COUND, a parish in the Cound division of the hundred of Condover, a rectory remaining in charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. The parish of Cound, including Cressage chapelry, contains 135 houses, 799 inhabitants. 6 miles south-east of Shrewsbury. Cound Lodge is the seat of C. Pelham, Esq., M.P."

" CRESSAGE, a township in the parish of Cound, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover, chapel to Cound, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. It is holden in the presentation to Cound, but with most parochial rights. 8½ miles south-east of Shrewsbury."

" GOLDING, a township in the parish of Cound, and in the Cound division of the hundred of Condover. 6½ miles southeast of Shrewsbury."

" HARNAGE (or HARNAGE GRANGE), a township in the parish of Cound, and in the Cound division of the hundred of Condover. 8 miles south-east of Shrewsbury.

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]