DOWLES: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
"DOWLES, a parish in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesdon, a rectory, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesdon, and archdeaconry of Salop. 15 houses, 61 inhabitants. 8 miles east of Cleobury Mortimer."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]