"DOWLES, a parish in the hundred of STOTTESDEN, county of SALOP, 1 mile (N. byW.) from Bewdley, containing 61 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at s£ 4. William Burton and another were patrons in 1818. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]