FORD: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
"FORD, a parish in the hundred of FORD, county of SALOP, 4 miles (w. by N.) from Shrewsbury, containing 212 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £6. 13. 4., endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of W. E. Tomline, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The Roman Watling-street runs through the parish, which is bounded by the river Severn."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]