"GREAT BOLAS, a parish in the Newport division of the hundred of Bradford South, a rectory in charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 5½ miles north-west by west of Newport. 33 houses, 274 inhabitants, See appendix.
" CHERRINGTON, a township in the parishes of Edgmond and Great Bolas. 80 houses, 192 inhabitants. 4½ miles west of Newport."
" MEESON, a township in the parish of Great Bolas, and in the Newport division of the hundred of Bradford South. 6 miles north-west by west of Newport."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]