"GREET, a parish in the hundred of Overs, county Salop, 2 miles N.W. of Tenbury, its post town, and 5 S.E. of Ludlow. The rivers Teme and Ledwich and the Leominster canal pass through this neighbourhood. The village is. small and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, value £200. The church is an ancient building. The Romans had an encampment here. T. H. Hope Edwards, Esq., is lord of the manor."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Greete provided by Mel Lockie. This also includes the Bishop's Transcripts.
- A transcript of the Greet parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Greet parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Greet to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Greet has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO575707 (Lat/Lon: 52.332731, -2.62512), Greet which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)