"HAMPTON WELSH, a parish in the hundred of Pimhill, county Salop, 2 miles E. of Ellesmere. It is situated near the Ellesmere and Chester canal. The village is chiefly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Lichfield, value £140. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to St. Michael."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the HamptonWelsh parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the HamptonWelsh parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hampton Welsh to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hampton Welsh has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ434349 (Lat/Lon: 52.908534, -2.843038), Hampton Welsh which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)