HARLEY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
"HARLEY, a parish in the hundred of CONDOVER, county of SALOP, 2 miles (N. W. by W.) from Much Wenlock, containing 235 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £5. 12. 1., and in the patronage of Sir Edward Kynaston, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The river Perry, and the Ellesmere canal, pass through the parish."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]