HIGH LEY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
"HIGH LEY (or HIGLEY), a parish in the Chelmarsh division of the hundred of Stottesdon, a vicarage, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 84 houses, 424 inhabitants. 6½ miles south-east by south of Bridgnorth.
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]