HOPESAY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
"HOPESAY (BARLOW, &c.), a parish in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow, a rectory, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Clun, and archdeaconry of Salop. 100 homes, 612 inhabitants. 5½ miles south-east of Bishopscastle."
" ASTON, a township in the parish of Hopesay, and in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow. 8 miles south-east of Bishopscastle."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]