HOPTON CANGEFORD: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
"HOPTON CANGEFORD (or HOPTON-IN-THE-HOLE), a parish in the hundred of MUNSLOW, county of SALOP, 5 miles (N.E. by N.) from Ludlow, containing 24 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford,, endowed with £ 115 private benefaction, and £ 1000 royal bounty. Sir C.N. Broughton, Bart, was patron in 1818."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]