Hide

KINLET: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.

hide
Hide

"KINLET, a parish in the hundred of STOTTESDEN, county of SALOP, Sj.miles (N. E. by N.) from Cleobury- Mortimer, containing 552 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £8. 2. 4. William Child, Esq. was patron in 1814. The church, dedicated- to St. Peter, is an ancient cruciform structure in the Norman style, and contains several splendid monuments of the family of Blount, whose ancestors came over with the Conqueror."

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]